Greater Reward - Week 3
Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
– Galatians 6:7-9 NIV
'But you have planted wickedness, you have reaped evil ...'
– Hosea 10:13 NIV
“And the seed that fell on good soil represents those who hear and accept God’s word and produce a harvest of thirty, sixty, or even a hundred times as much as had been planted!”
– Mark 4:20 NLT
Summary: Do you ever look at someone successful and wonder how they did it? Often, we’re tempted to think they just got lucky. But it’s rarely luck that determines the direction of our lives. It's always the result of countless consistent, seemingly small decisions done over time. Join us for our third and final week of our message series, Greater Reward, to learn how to make decisions today that will give you the life God wants you to have.
Lesson One: Successful people do consistently what others do occasionally.
Nothing successfully happens over night. If you’re going to see the results that you’re hoping for, then you have to put in the energy, effort and time.
Lesson Two: Our lives won’t produce what’s not planted.
What is something you’ve realized is missing from your life? Have you put in the work to see it come to life?
Lesson Three: If you don’t like what you’re reaping, change what you’re sowing.
What might you need to change in your life that is not resulting in the type of change you want to see from your life?
Lesson Four: Often what we see as failure, God see’s as fertilizer.
Remember, failure is only an event; never a person. Yet, even in moments of failure, God can bring about something new and exciting.
- Have the last two messages influenced any of your goals or habits? If so, how?
- If you were tasked with growing one plant, which plant would you grow?
- Have you ever seen small things lead to big results? What happened?
- Read Galatians 6:7-9. Think about what you’re sowing in life right now. What do you think you’ll reap?
- It’s easy to get discouraged when we don’t see progress fast enough. What’s one way you could encourage yourself to keep going when you don’t see progress immediately?
- Have you recently been tempted to give up on something good God’s called you to do? Share what kind of obstacles you’re facing.
- How could you reach out to God or loved ones for the support you need to keep going?
Start doing. Commit to a next step and live it out this week.
- If you’re thinking about giving up on something good, spend time in prayer and reach out to a friend or family member for support.
- Start the Greater Reward Bible Plan using Plans With Friends: www.go2.lc/reward
- Consider how you could love others by serving on the weekend (www.gfnchurch.info/volunteer).